Intensive Care Emergencies Course 2016
– An evolution of the ANZICS Melbourne ICM course.
– Designed for doctors and nurses who want to boost their practical skills in ICU – for nurses, registrars or consultants alike, training in ICU, anaesthetics, ED, or anywhere – everyone is welcome and encouraged to attend.
– Across two days, centred around multiple simulation scenarios with intermissions of group discussion. Led by highly experienced simulation instructors. Small groups so the practical experience is heightened for all.
– Each session focuses on a specific area in ICU or the acute deteriorating patient on the ward e.g. difficult to ventilate patient in ICU, the difficult tracheostomy patient, what to do when your haemodynamically poor patient isn’t responding…
– Overall underlying themes of team leadership and crisis resource management.
– November timeslot with the aim of boosting your skills before starting a new ICU term the following year (and missing the Christmas holidays!).
– Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea are all provided by our favourite local café.
Where and when: Eastern Health (Box Hill), Melbourne, November 3rd-4th
Course Fee: $700.00
(course fee includes morning and afternoon teas, lunch and refreshments)